November 1, 2011

deborah lippmann - Across The Universe (update)

 


deborah lippmann is one of the most expensive brand in the market, I've heard about how amazing it is for a long long time, finally, I got my very first one. I was sooooooo excited about it and did some research online, I did not wanna spend 18 USD get a color that I will think just so so. I was planning to get another color, Naked, but I didn't see it on beauty.com where I placed my order. This color, Across The Universe, caught my eye when I first see it. I had high expectation for this one, but to be honestly, I am a little bit disappointed! Tell you why later.

deborah lippmann是現在市面上最貴的指甲油之一,我聽說他非常的驚人好用已經好久了,終於我買了人生中第一瓶來試試看。我超興奮的再網路上找了些資料,因為不想花了18塊美金結果買到一瓶讓我覺得就只是還好的顏色。我本來還要買另一個顏色「Naked」,但在beauty.com沒看到所以沒買到。這個顏色「Across The Universe」我第一眼看到就想要買他了,對他有超高的期待,但說真的,我有些失望...等等告訴你為什麼。


The bottle is very elegant and neat, and the quality is very nice. From the appearance, it definitely worth the money. It is free of Formaldehyde, Toluene and Dibutyl Phthalate just like butter London, and it also does not test on animals.

瓶身外觀非常的高雅,質感非常好,從外觀看來絕對值得它的價錢。他和butter London一樣沒有甲醛,甲苯鄰苯二甲酸二丁酯,而且他沒有在動物身上測試。  



It has 0.5 fl oz/ 15ml, same as OPI, essie, and China Glaze, compare with butter London which only has 0.4 fl oz/ 11 ml and costs 16 USD, deborah lippmann is actually cheaper!

容量和OPI、essie和China Glaze一樣都是0.5 fl oz/ 15ml,相較於butter London的0.4 fl oz/ 11 m卻需要16塊美金來說反而更便宜!

The brush is quite thin for me, it's pretty similar to essie and butter London, thinner than China Glaze and of course OPI. For this color particularly, the thin brush does not hard to work with.

刷頭對我來說屬於比較細的,和essie和butter London的差不多,比China Glaze和OPI來的細,對這顏色來說並不難使用。

<from L  to R>
essie, butter London, deborah lippmann, China Glaze, and OPI

Now, it comes the reason why I am kindda disappointed.
1. Pigmentation:
For such high price, I expect the color payoff will be very nice, but it's not! It is not very bad, or not bad, it's just average! Maybe because I heard too many compliments about it, with too high expectation, the average pigmentation is kindda disappointed! To get the color form the bottle, needs 3 coats, which many glitter polishes do. The picture below is one coat. (middle one got a thicker coat!)  

現在來告訴你為什麼我有些失望的地方。
1.顯色度:
對這麼高單價的指甲油來說,我預期他會有很好的顯色度,但並不是這樣!他並不是非常差或是差,它就是很普通、一般般。也許是我聽到太多對他的讚美並有太高的期待,這種很普通的顯色度讓我有點失望!若要得到從瓶身看到的顏色需要擦三層,就像很多亮片指甲油一樣。下方的照片是指擦一層的樣子。(中指稍微厚一些)


The base color is translucent navy blue, it may be the reason why the color payoff isn't that great! It has many small blue glitters and tons of chunky green and light blue sparkles. Because the sparkles are so many, it's very easy to apply on nails. Many old school glitter polishes have the problem that the sparkles are difficult to apply on nails, end up always just pretty in the bottles and on the brushes, rarely on nails. deborah lippmann's do not have this problem! 

底色試辦透明的海軍藍,也許這又是為什麼他顯色度並非最好的關鍵!它有小的藍色亮片以及 很多綠色和淡藍色的大亮片。因為他大亮片非常多所以非常容易擦在指甲上,很多以往的亮片指甲油多半會有個問題就是很難擦在指甲上,常常只是很美的在瓶子裡或刷子上,但deborah lippmann的指甲油並不會又這個問題,很好上!
  
2. Shines:
This is the biggest disappointment! I'm used to the super glassy shine from OPI, I thought this gorgeous color must be awesome under sun light, but it is not AT ALL!!! I think maybe  because 3 coats end up actually covered lots sparkles and the base color is not high shine, so the result is quite boring! It will need a high shine top coat!!

2.光亮度:
這是最讓我失望的地方!可能因為我太習慣OPI那項烤漆一般的光亮度,讓我想像這麼美的顏色應該在太陽底下會超正點,但他一點也不!有可能是因為擦了三層,讓很多亮片都被蓋住了,而它本身指甲油的底色並不光亮,所以結果有些暗淡!他會需要一個很光亮的top coat!!

This is under direct sun light. The sparkles are hard to notice.

這是在陽光直射下,大亮片不容易被發現。


This is under natural light. The sparkles are more obviously instead.

這是在自然光下,反而亮片比較明顯。


There is one thing I was pretty impressed: it dry very fast! Being a glitter polish, it can be dried that fast is very nice! Especially when I applied 3 thick coats, it still can dry in a short time. Also, with 3 coats application, it's not end up super thick on the nails, actually looks like very natural.

有一點讓我印象很深刻就是他乾的速度很快!就一個亮片指甲油來說,他乾的速度很不錯,尤其是在擦了三層後還可以在短時間內疚乾了。而且擦了三層看起來在指甲上並不會很厚,還蠻自然的!

I just got it today and wear it for lees than a day, I can't tell how about the lasting. It will be updated. Over all, I will give this brand another try, next time I will get a non-glitter one to see how it goes!

我今天才拿到他並擦了他不到一天,還不知道他持久度如何,將會再做更新。總之,我會在試試看這排子的其他顏色,下次買非亮片指甲油看他的表現如何!


<11/04 UPDATE>
After shower this morning, my nails turned into this....
so... it's how many days?.... 3 days maybe? = ="

No comments:

Post a Comment